Re: [OFF-TOPIC] Pentium II performance?

"Marcelo E. Magallon" wrote:
->
-> On 16 Feb 1998, Ben Pfaff wrote:
->
-> > Can you point me to the source code for the benchmark?  I can run it
-> > on my PII/233 for comparison if you want.
->
-> and Alex Yukhimets:
->
-> > Same here, only with PII/300.
->
-> You can find the source code here:
->
->    http://www.efis.ucr.ac.cr/~mmagallo/flops_p.c
->
-> This is extracted from the flops program written by Al Burto
-> (aburto@nosc.mil). This is just module 1, using 7 sums, 6 mults, 1 div.
-> I think I got this from http://www.hensa.ac.uk/parallel/ or netlib.
->
-> Compiling with gcc -O2 gives a bit more than 39 on the PII. Using egcc
-> (1.0.1-0.3) with -mpentiumpro gives almost 40.9
->
-> Many thanks in advance.
->
-> 						Marcelo
->

a better (and much more thorough) benchmark can be found at:

	http://gwyn.tux.org/~mayer/linux/bmark.html

the benchmark displays integer, floating point, and some of
the memory system performance.  there is a link to a lot of
results from various contributors on that page as well.
--andy

--
Andy Kahn        * Digital Equipment Corporation * Phone 603-884-2557
kahn@zk3.dec.com * Unix File Systems Development * Fax   603-881-2257