Re: help me buy a cheap sound card

>    I wish to buy a cheap sound card, just to be able to put some sound in
>    my system, but all that I tried failed...
>
>    Can someone point me a cheap one that (certainly) works under Linux?

I spent $9.95 on one when I ordered something else.  Not a package deal, I
just wasn't willing to pay shipping on a sound card.  I was already ordering,
and they had one, so . . .

It called itself soundblaster compatibale, it came with crummy directions in
assorted languages with no discernible point of origin other than "asia," and
it works.  It uses an ensoinc (1868 or some combination like that; i can't
make it out in the machine), and gives me my blurps when my email comes, as
well as letting me play with realaudio broadcasts.

My $10 speakers, though (120 watt, though I ordered 80), ordered under similar
circumstances, sound as if they have torn cones.  But I don't care enough to
pay to ship them back.  It's not like I listen to mozart on them . . .

hmm, mozart.  time to put it the (real) cd player.

rick

--
These opinions will not be those of ISU until it pays my retainer.