Re: permedia2 graphics chip

   My father is planning on buying a new computer, and I'm trying to find a
   card that offers very good speed under Windows for both 2D (for him) and 3D
   rendering (games for me) and works in X under linux (Doesn't matter if it
   supports 3D, though accleration would be nice).  I seem to be leaning
   towards cards based on the premedia2 chip from 3Dlabs.  Does anyone know if
   it's supported under X yet? or if their are definite plans to support it.

Yes.  Get the Permedia2 X server from www.suse.com.