Re: usr mounted on md device

Patrick Ouellette <pouellet@eng.utoledo.edu> writes:

> In a fit of madness, I created a md device and moved the /usr file
> system to it.  Everything runs fine, except I get an error during
> shutdown that /usr can't be unmounted.  Why do I get the message (or
> what files are in use at shutdown on /usr), and is there any way to
> fix it (short of moving /usr off the md device)?

You can try and insert a lsof /usr in the shutdown process, just before the
/usr is umounted. This might give you the answer.

HTH,

Jens
---
Jens.Ritter@weh.rwth-aachen.de
Key from: http://www.weh.rwth-aachen.de/~jens/public.asc
Key ID: 2048/E451C639 Jens Ritter
Key fingerprint: 5F 3D 43 1E 24 1E CC 48  1E 05 93 3A A7 10 73 37