Smail pop3

Can anyone tell me how to configure smail as a pop3 server?  I can send
from my Netscape just find but I cannot pull the messages off the server
with Netscape.  When I'm on the mail server, I can check my mail just
fine also.  I am setting up my pop3 (and SMTP)server in Netscape as the
machinename.domain.com and it works to send.  The server will send and
receive, but Netscape cannot even connect to the mail server to pull the
messages from it.

Any clues?

Thanks,
Greg Green