So what is ksmbfs pkg for?

On 14 Feb 98 at 23:00, Remco wrote:

> On Sat, 14 Feb 1998, Richard B. Talley wrote:
>
>  : I can't find smbclient or smbmount anywhere on the system. I've been
>  : through all the FAQ's and HOWTO's.
>
> Try the samba package:
>   hamm/hamm/binary-i386/net/samba_1.9.18p2-1.deb

That works great. Thanks. Linux box reaches out across the Ethernet and
grabs files from the windoze95 machines just fine.

I was under the (apparently false) impression that ksmbfs was sufficient
if all you wanted was a smb client on the Linux box, that Samba was
necessary only if you wanted a smb server.

So what is the ksmbfs pkg for anyway?

Richard B. Talley  <olny@nmia.com>
"The power of the Web is in its universality.
Access by everyone regardless of disability
is an essential aspect." Tim Berners-Lee
<http://www.w3.org/Press/IPO-announce>