Re: oops -- did a bad thing

On 15 Feb 98 at 22:46, debian-user@lists.debian.org wrote:
> Hmmm..i'm sorta new to linux and was trying to run the "xdm" login screen on system startup -- and
> made some changes to the .bash_profile   - file and was wondering if anyone knows of any program
> that will run in win95 - that allows one to mount the linux filesystem - so that one can edit files
> on the linux system? --- By the way does anyone know the propper way to call the "xdm" login screen
> when you first boot up? so this doesn't happen again? Would greatly appreaciate any info. Thank you
> for your time.

For reading the ext2fs from DOS, try:

ext2tool_1_1.zip
from
ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/system/filesystems/ext2/

  I'll let a more experienced user help you with the xdm problem
since you may need to find configuration files, but when I first
configured it (the easy, Debian way), I chose to run it from
the prompt rather than from boot, and at the prompt, I just
enter "xdm."

  Some of the configuration info at the following site has helped
me, too.

Window Managers for X
http://www.plig.org/xwinman/

Art Lemasters