Re: BASH question

On Fri, 13 Feb 1998, Fulgham, Brent/SCO wrote:

> Can anyone tell me why I can't generate working Bash scripts?
>
> For example, I want to create a short script called "print" so that I
> can do some formatted printing:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> # Print -- formatted printer tool to get a 5-space margin and a
> header/footer
> pr -o 5 $1 | lpr

There could be many reasons why your scripts do not work.
1. Does /bin/sh exists?
2. Did you put an extra line at the end of the script?
3. does "pr -o 5 <filename> | lpr" work?
4. Is your path set up right? Do you need to run ./script instead of just
script etc.

Claerly your problem has to do with some misunderstanding of paths etc.

Daniel J. Mashao
Electrical Engineering                daniel@comgate.ee.uct.ac.za
University of Cape Town	       	    http://www.ee.uct.ac.za/~daniel
Rondebosch, 7700, S. Africa    (w) 27+21+650 2816   (h) 27+21+705 1233