BASH question

Can anyone tell me why I can't generate working Bash scripts?

For example, I want to create a short script called "print" so that I
can do some formatted printing:

#!/bin/sh
# Print -- formatted printer tool to get a 5-space margin and a
header/footer
pr -o 5 $1 | lpr

When I try to run this script (chmod +x) I get error messages indicating
errors when the script is executed.  There are two flavors:

1)  /bin/bash : No such file name
2)  /bin/bash : Invalid file or directorypr <<--where part of the error
message includes the last few characters of each line in the shell
script.

I suspect an environmental variable is at fault, however my other
scripts (installed during my hamm install) work fine (the one's I didn't
write), plus scripts that I have edited seem to work in some cases, but
not in others.

This error occurs in virtual terminal mode and in login and non-login
x-windows.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
-Brent