Message Handler for a Newbie

I downloaded the debian package for Message Handler. It seems to be a
nifty program. I've tried to configure it correctly, but some unknown
reason I can't seem to compose letters for debian-user lists. There's
also a bug wherein it won't view the digest formats. The net has a patch
shown, but I can't figure out how to add it to the debian package.

I sending this by PINE, which I know works.

Any hints, suggestions, workarounds needed ????

i.b.