Re: Missing .so files

Robert D. Hilliard wrote:

>      Before I upgrade from bo to hamm, ldconfig showed three
> warnings.  This situation has been inherited by my hamm system.  The
> ldconfig message is:
>
> bob:vc-2:bob>ldconfig
> ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/lib/i486-linuxaout/libvga.so.1 (No
> such file
> or directory), skipping
> ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/lib/libf2c_i2.so.2 (No such file or
> directory), skipping
> ldconfig: warning: can't open /lib/libtermcap.so.2 (No such file or
> directory),
> skipping
>
>      The first of these _is_ nonexistent; the other two are symlinks
> pointing to nonexistent files /usr/lib/libf2c_i2.so.2.1 and
> /lib/libtermcap.so.2.0.8 respectively.
>
>      I would like to get rid of this warning from ldconfig.  Are there
> packages I can remove or install so as to satisfy ldconfig?  dpkg -S
> can't locate the package these files come from.

Hi Robert, You'll find these files in the following packages under
unstable (hamm):MISSING FILE
LOCATION/PACKAGE NAME
----------
---------------------

usr/lib/libf2c_i2.a                                          devel/f2c
usr/lib/libf2c_i2.so.2.1                                    devel/f2c

usr/i486-linuxlibc1/lib/libvga.so
oldlibs/svgalib1-altdev
usr/lib/libc5-compat/libvga.so.1
oldlibs/svgalib-dummy1,oldlibs/svgalib1
usr/lib/libc5-compat/libvga.so.1.2.11               oldlibs/svgalib-dummy1

usr/lib/libc5-compat/libvga.so.1.2.13               oldlibs/svgalib1
usr/lib/libvga.so
graphics/svgalibg1-dev,libs/svgalib-dummyg1
usr/lib/libvga.so.1
libs/svgalibg1,libs/svgalib-dummyg1
usr/lib/libvga.so.1.2.11
libs/svgalib-dummyg1
usr/lib/libvga.so.1.2.13                                   libs/svgalibg1

lib/libtermcap.so.2.0.8
admin/termcap-compat

Hope this helps!

rgds.