Now FHS, Was RE: FSSTND with Permissions?

  I ran "Filesystem Hierarchy Standard -- Version 2.0" "as a
phrase," on the Metacrawler and received one hit to

Filesystem Hierarchy Standard
http://www.pathname.com/fhs/

by Daniel Quinlan, of course.  From noting certain aspects of some
of the other questions to this user list, I thought it might be a
good reference for others to use (if practices have not been revised
much since it was published) while lessening traffic.  Thanks for the
essential keywords and the correction on the file system standard,
Steve.  And thanks for any corrections to this post, mentors, if I
am off-track.  Now, to search for a large cache of information on
general, applied "permissions."

Art Lemasters