RE: FSSTND with Permissions?

To answer one question....
the FSSTND is now outdated.
The current standard doc is the
"Filesystem Hierarchy Standard -- Version 2.0"
Dated Oct. 26 , 1997
also known as the FHS
I don't know where to get it...
I found it somewhere a coupla months back
goto altavista and do asearch on the filename "fhs.ps"
it shoul dhave some hits (once ya have a filename you can usually pull
up alot of pages with the file you want....little trick I learned back
when I used Win95 and used to look
for "Warez"....course now that im running linux...I have no need to do
that anymore)
As I remember it even says on the offcial website (wherever that is)
"Here i sthe FSSTND the old version . Stop Using it"
-Steve