timezones 2.0.7pre1-1 is broken

     When I updated my hamm system tonight from my local mirror,
timezones was updated to 2.0.7pre1-1.  It removed the setting GMT=""
from wherever it belongs in hamm. (It was in /etc/init.d/boot
pre-hamm, but I haven't looked for it before now that /etc/init.d/boot
is no longer used.  I inserted GMT="" near the top of
/etc/init.d/hwclock.sh, and it works, but that probably isn't the
correct place.  Where should it be?

     When I run the date command, I get the following:

     Thu Feb 12 22:40:27 /etc/localtime 1998

There is no file /etc/localtime, which I suppose should contain my
time zone, which tzconfig says (correctly) is EST5EDT.

     dpkg -L shows that timezones includes the directory
/usr/doc/timezones, but no files in that directory.  A listing of this
directory shows:

bob:vc-2:bob>ls /usr/doc/timezones
BUGS.gz                          NOTES.gz
ChangeLog.gz                     PROJECTS.gz
ChangeLog.linuxthreads.gz        README.Xfree3.2.linuxthreads.gz
ChangeLog.localedata.gz          README.crypt.gz
Changes.linuxthreads.gz          README.gz
FAQ.Debian.gz                    README.linuxthreads.gz
FAQ.gz                           README.localedata.gz
INSTALL.gz                       changelog.Debian.gz
NEWS.gz                          copyright

     Many of these files, but not all, are related to glibc, and none
seem related to timezones.

     Are these known problems with this version of timezones, or
should I file a bug report?

Bob