Re: PAP authentication server names

The local name is there for completeness. When you're using it for dial-out it's
very important, especially if you dial out to more than one place. You then set
the local name to be used on the pppd command line. For dial-in you could also use
it to set a different set of authentication for different lines. You might use
this to reserve a certain line for certain people. The name which is used for this
is really arbitrary, except perhaps in the sense that pppd uses certain default
values for this name if it isn't specified explicitly on the command line or in
the options files.

--
Jens B. Jorgensen
jjorgens@bdsinc.com