Re: Using 100Mbit ethernet with Debian 1.3.1??

On Thu, 12 Feb 1998, Joergen Haegg wrote:

> We are trying to get a working 100 Mbit card to a Debian system.
> None of the cards we have tried will listen to the net,
> ifconfig says 'SIOCSIFFLAGS Try again'.
>
> This happens with Intel Etherexpress 100 and 3COM 3c905.

We've been using the 3c905 at 100 Mbit for over a year on several
debian unstable systemswith no problems.  Probably your problem is
that your kernel/modules don't support this card.  Simply compile a
custom kernel including support for this card.

--
Jean Pierre