Re: Modem /dev/cua vs /dev/ttyS (The Long, True answer to this reappearing question)

On Wed, 11 Feb 1998, Tim Sailer wrote:

> > system "stty 19200 -echoe -echo raw < /dev/cua3 > /dev/cua3"
> >
> > When using /dev/ttyS? instead, it won't return, whereas using cua does.
> > Would you know how to fix this problem so that I can use /dev/ttyS?
> > instead in scripts like these?
>
> Try adding -clocal to the above command and see what happens.

No difference.  If you try on the command line, it will not come back the
second time (it seems to work the first time though..)  Just try on your
serial port..

% stty 115200 echoe -echo -clocal raw < /dev/ttyS0 > /dev/ttyS0
  <works>
%
% stty 115200 echoe -echo -clocal raw < /dev/ttyS0 > /dev/ttyS0
  <will not return>