Re: samba/win95

On Wed, 11 Feb 1998, Antonio Doldo wrote:

> In the windows machines usually are used two protocols:
> IPX/SPX and NetBEUI for connecting the MS network, while for samba is
> request the stacks TCP/IP.

I don't know what your talking about... win95 supports TCP/IP, so why
would there be a problem?

> In the Linux box must be installed the TCP/IP (naturally), but when you
> login in a box with the name 'paul' and try
>
> /home/paul/$ smbclient -L my_host
>
> samba identify 'paul' and the 'homes' share is the home of
> paul (/home/paul)
>
> therefore if you use a login_name in a windows pc as 'paul'
> you can be access to the listing of shares resources, otherwise
> no.
> whith security=share instead the community can view (only VIEW)
> the resources.

hmm... are you saying that when in security=user mode, samba does not
assume that the user's home directory share is owned by that user?

When I try using the "\\server\share%user" syntax, I get the same results.
I'm clueless, none of the FAQs cover this type of thing.

Is there any way I can force the "IPC$" share to be public - so browsing
works?

-Paul