Re: wanted packages

Luiz Otavio L. Zorzella wrote:

> Is there any address where we can send our "wishes" to debian packages
> we would like to see created? Is there any address to consult for
> programs that can't (for any reason) have a .deb package?
>
> For instance, I would like to have .debs of:
>
> QSeeMe (the only cuseeme client I know of for linux)
> http://www.pangea.org/~mavilar/

Thats a good one.

> jacob (integrate emacs with the java compiler)
> http://mats.gmd.de:8080/clemens/jacob/

This one too.

> apache-ssl (the secure apache)
> http://www.apache-ssl.org/

Non-US site

> ssleay (encryption libs)
> http://www.psy.uq.oz.au/~ftp/Crypto/

Ditto

> fphone (free phone)
> http://www.inria.fr/rodeo/fphone/

Hrm.. haven't seen this one.

> hylafax (send faxes and pager messages)
> http://www.vix.com/hylafax/

This is in unstable I think.

> Xswallow (generic plug-in for netscape, allows any external viewer be
> "swallowed" inside netscape!)
> http://www.csn.ul.ie/~caolan/docs/Xswallow.html

This is very cool and useful! It would make a great package. I never
looked at the Copyright, etc...

> and some java packages, like:
>
> javamail
> jsdk
> swing

These would be good ones too. Is swing distributable? I thought that
was commercial...

Tim

--
 (work) sailer@bnl.gov / (home) tps@buoy.com - http://www.buoy.com/~tps
          "The quality of accurate observation is commonly called