Re: PPP is still a disaster. :(. Please Help. :)

God, this was a pain in my arse when i had to get chap working.....

/etc/ppp.chatscript for ME is as follows:
<snip all crap, up to last 2 lines>
""           ATDT*70,4214368
CONNECT
^^^^^^^

Connect here is important, because it then makes it WAIT before it sends
authentication requests.

/etc/ppp.options_out is as follows:
+ua /etc/ppp/chapchoice defaultroute /dev/modem 115200 persist
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

/etc/ppp/chatchoice contains the login/pass info for choice.net, the
format is as follows:
<username>
<password>

After that pon should work correctly. I must admit it took me a long while
of using my isp's radias servers until i figured it out one day, now i
connect the digital and much more faster modem pool :>.

  Hope it works, if not, send an email, i'll try and help......

 dA' Phucilage Phactory    *Yesturday upon the stair,    *
                           *I met a guy who wasn't there,*
                           *He wasn't there again today, *
 phucilag@phucilage.net    *I think he's from the CIA.   *