Re: Network

iquest wrote:
> Hi,
>   I'm fairly new in setup network.  I'd like to know is there
>   any document that describe how to setup a network that has
>   Linux, Windows/NT boxes.  I think
>   I'd like to be able to share files, printers, CDROM, etc on
>   all these machines.  Many thank in advance!

Load and configure samba on your Linux box, and make sure your
WindoesN'T box has TCP/IP running. You should be able to talk
back and forth with little problem. Unless you are running
one of the latest samba versions, you will have a problem with
password authentication from NT to samba. There is a patch (a registry
hack) to make NT use clear passwords floating around.

 (work) sailer@bnl.gov / (home) tps@buoy.com - http://www.buoy.com/~tps
               They tell me my job is easy... anyone can do it.
                    Why doesn't anyone else want it?
  -- me

debian-user-request@lists.debian.org .