Re: Compute Farm, Part II

Lets see, what is wrong with mirror?

What you do is set up a login whose home dir is /

Then you set the mirror command up to log in as that user.  You then
mirror the directories and files that you want with the mirror config
command.

Rdist is another way, the central system pushes it out.  For administravia
if the network is firewalled from the internet, NIS is probably the way to
go.

On Wed, 11 Feb 1998, Tim Sailer wrote:

> I guess I didn't explain real well the first time, although I enjoyed
> the thread..
>
> On this compute farm, they want to make changes to 1 machine, as in adding
> a package, changing a config file, etc and having the resultant changes
> reflected on the other 199 machines, without having to go to each
> machine and tweak it. Installing the machines will be a short, but
> intense process, but they are looking for long range admin solutions.
>
> Thanks,
> Tim
>
> --
>  (work) sailer@bnl.gov / (home) tps@buoy.com - http://www.buoy.com/~tps
>           Nihil illegitemi carborvndvm.
>   --anon
> ** Disclaimer: My views/comments/beliefs, as strange as they are, are my own.**
>

> --

George Bonser
http://www.debian.org