Re: Modem

On Tue, 10 Feb 1998, Pete Poff wrote:

>     I have the program minicom on my computer and I need to know how to
> tell what the name of my modem is under the /dev or how I can find it.
> The default that came with the program was something like /dev/cua1 but it
> couldn't find that file name.

i found the information at

(a page called "accessing serial devices" from the
"network administrator's guide") helpful here...

i have been playing the same game, getting minicom to actually
find my modem, and just succeeded. however now although
the modem will dial up, the connection is so slow that i
get timed out before the login screen of my provider has
appeared! any hints from anyone out there?

cheers, ruth.

ANTaR (Australians for Native Title and Reconciliation)
(http://www.antar.org.au/) have an online petition at
Add your name against the Wik 10-point plan.

	Ruth Corran
	School of Mathematics and Statistics
	The University of Sydney

debian-user-request@lists.debian.org .