Printers and printing

Hi Group,

Im new to Linux, so bear with me. A point in the right direction is all that
is required here -- well, maybe to spawn more questions.

I have a debian 1.3.1 system setup, and I'm running X with a fair amount of
success. I've decided to go ahead and install some applications, starting
with StarOffice, which I am very impressed with BTW.

I attempted to print a document I created with StarOffice, but discovered I
only had a few post script printers available to me. I can only assume this
is because I don't have the proper printer drivers installed for my hardware
(an old HP laserjet plus, and a Canon BJC-620). So where do I get drivers
for the devices I do have, and how do I go about installing them...

Any help is appreciated.
Rob