Re: Using hamm? READ THIS about /usr/spool and related links...

Santiago Vila Doncel <sanvila@unex.es> writes:

> Hello.
>
> This mail is intended for the user who is running the current Debian
> unstable distribution (a.k.a. hamm).
>
> I'm the Debian maintainer who removed the /usr/spool symlink and some
> other symlinks that were part of the `base-files' package...

Ahh, that's the package!  I grepped /var/lib/dpkg/info/* for
"/usr/spool", but didn't find anything.  I shoulda tried harder.

> Not only the FHS but also the old FSSTND says that the mail spool is
> /var/spool/mail, so every program should look for mail there, not
> in /usr/spool/mail.
>
> So if a program breaks because it uses /usr/spool, *that* is a bug.
>
> If you want to help us on this, you may report all those bugs through the
> Debian bug tracking system, see /usr/doc/debian/bug-reporting.txt or
> http://www.de.debian.org/Bugs.
>
> [ Of course, if you want to help us even more, you may take a look at
> the bug database first to make sure that the bug is not already reported ].
>
> As it is often said: I apologize for the inconvenience, etc. etc.
>
> Thanks.

All this is cool, I just couldn't figure out which package removed
the link, so I wasn't sure which package to file a bug against.

Thanks!

--Norris

--
Norris Preyer			(541) 962-3310 (office)