Re: PPTP for remote connection

No, it isn't any version of PPP. PPTP is what the name implies, a tunneling
protocol. That is, it allows you to pack IP packets inside of IP packets (and
supports encryption/authentication in the process). It is used to create
"Virtual Private Networks" and is unrelated to PPP. If your dial-in stopped
working set PPP to log packets and check them out. Perhaps your employer
switched from PAP to CHAP. Post the packet log back here and we'll have a
look-see.

--
Jens B. Jorgensen
jjorgens@bdsinc.com