No network to me..

Hi all,
Please help me, i'm going crazy.
I'm installing Debian/Linux in a Pentium mmx 233, PnP BIOS,  just like a
several
pc's that i've done before.
The Network Card is 3com 3c905-TX PCI (it doesn't matter, because i
changed that card - NE2000 - and the problem didn't disappear), and its
drive is installed fine.
But this computer simply doesn't want to see the network. Nothing. It
doesn't
ping to nobody, no telnet, ftp, ...even to a computer on my local net. The
net card's lead is lightning ok.
I'm thinking the BIOS is bugging me.
:-?
Bruno