Problems with CD-ROM by installing Debian.Linux
- To: email@example.com (Non Receipt Notification Requested) (IPM Return Requested)
- Subject: Problems with CD-ROM by installing Debian.Linux
- From: "WALTER HOLUBARZ" <WALTER.HOLUBARZ@gv.oebb.at>(Tel 31423)
- Date: 10 Feb 1998 13:43:35 +0000
- Message-id: <E53IFY35Q3D*@MHS>
I want to install Debian.Linux from my MITSUMI FX001D CD-ROM with an own
controller-card on the isa bus. From the DRIVER-DISK, i created, i have used
the -mcdx MITSUMI-driver.
mcdx (MITSUMI CD-ROM) installed at 0x300,irq11 (FIRMWARE version D2)
cd /dev && rm -f cdrom && in -s mcdx0 cdrom
If i want to install the base from cd-rom linux told me to install
cd-rom-driver. I answerd done from the modules of the driver-disk without
installing them again. By the try to read from cd the following Error-warning
mount:/dev/cdrom: can`t read superblock
The CD-ROM was not mounted successfully!
After the 20th try to install debian.Linux i`m destroyed and i think i need
every help i can get. I use a VLB-I/O-Card and the secundary port is free, but
i don`t know if that works together?????? Thank You very much for Your help
under my e-mail-adress:
With kind regards
PS.: thank god now readable :-)))
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
Trouble? e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .