Re: "Hard Install"

On 02/09/98 at 07:41 PM, "David E. Scott" <DaveScott@1000islands.com>
said:

>George R wrote:
>> Has anyone had Win95 change your CMOS settings?

>George,
>	I don't know: how could I tell, unless it's evidence would be a mess up
>of something obvious like my clock?

Weird things, like the drive you have on your secondary ide disappears.
After checking the CMOS you find the secondary controller disabled.

If you have a CMOS controlled CPU speed, the speed changes after a lockup
and restart in "safe" mode.

Having the defaults loaded, even though you know some settings weren't
default.

George