Debian 1.3.1 installation problem

Hello, Can anyone help?

I am trying to install Linux on my PC using the Debian 1.3.1
distribution and it always fails.

My PC Configuration is Cyrix M1 cpu, 16Mb RAM, Adaptec AHA2940 SCSI
controller, 2x Conner 250Mb SCSI drives, 1x SCSI Panasonic PD/CD drive,
and no floppy drive (it's broken)

After booting DOS (from my first SCSI drive) I use LOADLIN to load an
image built for a AHA2940 controller. The exact syntax I am using is

        LOADLIN zimage root=/dev/ram ro initrd=root.bin

This then takes me into the preinstall script (/sbin/dinstall
presumably). I then follow the instructions on the screen: selecting
color and a UK keyboard; Initialise and Activate the swap partition on
/dev/sdc3 and the ext2 partition on /dev/sda1 (my second SCSI drive);
mount them both; and then select install Operating System Kernel and
Modules.

I then choose cdrom on /dev/sdc0 and use default stable archive.

At this point the following message appears and the process stops:

        Installing from rescue floppy
        ./install.sh: Can't open ./install.sh
        /dev/loop0: No such device

        The attempt to extract the rescue floppy failed

Can anyone help?  Am I doing something wrong or is it the script?  How
do I get Linux installed?

Thanks.
andrew.leach1@virgin.net