Re: Monolith DynDNS + ip-up

"Timothy M. Hospedales" <hospedales@wow.net> writes:

> Hi, I'm trying to register my monolith domain from within my ip-up
> script using mlddc.
> I have the line "(mlddc <mymldata 2>&1) >> /var/log/mlddc" as specified
> in the readme file in ip-up.
> However, when I login as usual with pppd, it doesn't register and the
> /var/log/mlddc file is empty.
> When I type that exact line on the command prompt it registers fine and
> the /var/log/mlddc file has the registration info appended.
> I tried chmoding everything in my /etc/ppp and all contents to 777
> incase something didn't have enough permissions, but there was no
> difference.
>
> Any thoughts on why it will work on the command prompt and not in the
> script?

First, I'd make certain that the "mymldata" file is in the current
directory when pppd is executing the command in the script - when
/etc/ppp/ip-up is executed, the environment is cleared and the current
working directory is anyone's guess.  So, I'd suggest doing a "cd" to
the directory containing mymldata in the line above the one that
depends on it.  You may also find it necessary to set the "HOME"
environment variable, if the mlddc script reads any configuration
files from a user's home directory.