Re: Question re: splitting files

Nebu John Mathai <mathai@ecf.utoronto.ca> writes:

> I wouldn't mind finding out a better way that can be used with other OS'
> (including DOS and DOS-descended OS').

If you can find a DOS or Windows tar, or use WinZip under Win95, you
can copy the files off and join them together with

C:\TEMP>COPY FILE.01+FILE.02+FILE.03 FILE.TAR

You could probably use "zipsplit", if you could work out how.

You can also tar directly to multiple floppies, and get more disk
space.  There's a Mac program called "SunTar" that is compatible with
this method.  I think it's something like:

% tar -Mcf /dev/fd0 inputfile ...

	  GNU GPL: "The Source will be with you... always."