Re: Two Monitors

(Sorry for the delayed reply; I haven't been reading the Debian lists
for a while.)

There's a package in hamm called x2x which will take two separate X
displays (e.g. :0 and :1) and allow you to move the mouse and keyboard
focus between the two.  You can either have a button to click which
warps the pointer to the other display, or set it up so that pushing
the mouse off the edge of one screen makes it reappear on the other.
It won't allow you to move windows between displays, and you'll have to
run two copies of your window manager, but it seems to work.

Unless you have libc6 installed, you'll have to get the source code from
hamm and recompile it.  I'm afraid I don't have a Debian 1.3 machine
left to do this on.

--
Charles Briscoe-Smith
White pages entry, with PGP key: <URL:http://alethea.ukc.ac.uk/wp?95cpb4>