RE: Problems with dual boot NT/linux

Try setting the bootable flag using Liunx's fdisk and then rebooting.  If
you get an
"Operating system not found" or "Non-system disk message"  the boot
sector on the
boot partition has been corrupted.  (The boot sector is not the same as
the MBR.  The MBR is
the first sector on the first drive.  A boot sector is the first record
on a partition.  The MBR code
loads the boot sector code from the partition marked "bootable".  The
boot sector code is then
responsible for loading the OS.  Each OS will have an associated boot
sector loader.)

I suspect that the NT boot sector was somehow corrupted.  This code reads
the NT boot.ini file
and allows you to dual boot between DOS/NT. You can restore the NT boot
sector.  You'll need to
make a set of (three) NT installation disks off of the NT CD.  Boot to
disk one, and insert disk two
when prompted.  Eventually you'll reach a menu asking if you want to
install NT or fix a previously
installed NT setup.  Take the "fix" or "repair" option.  I don't remember
the exact set of menu options,
but when I did it all of the directions seemed to be pretty clear.  The
whole process takes about 10
minutes tops.

Good luck,
Tony Richardson