hamm (fresh) install considerations

Hi,

I'm considering a fresh hamm install, however I haven't found much
information about installing hamm fresh.  I presume that bash and libc
would be non-issues (at least for installation), but beyond that, what
can I expect, in terms of errors -- both quantity and complexity?

Also, I've always installed debian with cdrom and this time I want to
start with a hard drive install, but I only want to download selected
packages, then follow up with ftp.  Will dselect panic if many packages
in the list of available packages aren't on my hard drive?  If so,
what's a good way to generate a list of available packages, or is this
a bad thing?

Are there not any dedicated hamm resources besides the upgrade doc, or
am I blind?
--
D a v i d   S t e r n