re:Win95 and Linux: Was: Verified Re: Unidentified subject!

> Finally I decided to retry RedHat since it had been successful in the
> past, but this time at the LiLo prompt I took a wrong turn and tho linux
> would boot after that, I couldn't boot into the Win95 partition anymore.

Will it boot anything?
If it will boot linux and not win95..then you probably installed wrong
consult the file "/etc/lilo.conf" and the docs for lilo
(in /usr/doc/lilo<versioninfo> )
OTOH I would consider you luckey :) I just recently took
off Win95 completley and am running
Linux exclusively now.

>Thus, I'm about to resize the Win95 partition
>back to the full drive and forget trying linux, but I'd really rather
>keep trying, but two items I need to be sure of: bootability of the
>win95 partition and

Ive done that b4...for starters kill the linux partition and try again.
Be sure if you install redhat that during
the boot process you tell it about your Win95 partition an dthat
you wish to be able to boot it
(give its boot image the name "Windoze" for fun :) )
Another idea is to NOT install lilo and install it on a boto disk
then just boot off the disk
As for RedHat...
What version of RedHat is it?
I started on RedHat an dam now a debian user
RedHat is great for Windows Users tho...good to get you addicted so you
switch completely to linux :)
-Steve