Re: svgalib

On Mon, Jan 31, 1994 at 02:20:19PM +1300, Michael Beattie wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After studying the docs for svgalib (to get a working 320x200x256 mode) I
> have discovered a script with svgatextmode to get the vga registers and
> create a mode for the libvga.et4000 file. Unfortunately, it requires a
> program by the name of "getVGAregs" which I cannot find. any suggestions?

admin/svgatextmode has it. It may also be in the dev or source package of
svgalib. It will be in /usr/sbin, so root access is necessary.

Note that you definitely should try to write the mode line manually, because
you want to use the highest refresh rate possible with your monitor and
video card.

Sorry for the late reply, I didn't saw it before. Maybe you solved the
problem in the last four years ;) (Hint: Check your system time...)

Marcus