Re: ice configuration?

On Fri, 30 Jan 1998, justin honold wrote:

> i've recently installed the ice window manager.  i like it a lot, but i
> can't figure out how to edit the damned menus!  the doc files that came
> with the hamm deb have a "menus" section, but it's BLANK, the web page
> docs don't even have a "menus" section, and the author hasn't repsonded
> to my email!  =/  if anybody could pass this SIMPLE piece of info along,
> i'd appreciate it.

Hello!

I am the maintainer of the .deb package. I suggest you to install the menu
package (probably you have already), and look at the docs in it, how to
create your own menu entries. The ice window manager (like almost all
window managers in debian hamm) uses the menu package to create it's own
menus. Btw the global menu file is /etc/X11/icewm/menu, but if you have
menu.deb installed, it will be overwritten after any program gets
installed that requests to be installed into the menus. So the best thing
would be to create your own menu entries for the menu package and run
update-menus.

Greg

--
Madarasz Gergely           gorgo@caesar.elte.hu         gorgo@linux.rulez.org