Re: Sound Card Opti 931

NeuTroN wrote:

> I recently bought a system (Intel Pentium, 166 MMX) and it has a Sound
> Card that seems to be an OPTi 82C931. (At least that is how the
> software in DOS sees it and how Win95 detects it.) I guess Trust
> Computer Products resells OPTi sound cards, because There is an (extra)
> Trust label on the installation disks for Win(3.11/95). When I configure
> the kernel for normal sound blaster, 16 bits audio doesn't work. Well
> then, why not compile it for MAD16? After doing that, it didn't work at
> all.
> /usr/src/kernel-source-2.0.30/drivers/sound/mad16.c seems to support cards
> up to 82C930. Does anyone have suggestions?
> Thanx!
>
> Maarten Bezemer

I have a OPTi 82C924 and found a little solution:
compile the kernel for SB and launch the 'linux.bat' from a dos
partition
(or a floppy dos)
in the 'linux.bat' set the environment:
SET MUSIC16=C:\MUSIC16
C:\MUSIC16\SNDINIT /B
C:\LINUX\LOADLIN.EXE zImage root=/dev/hdb1 ro

sorry for my english and if I not satisfact your question,
ciao, Antonio

Antonio Doldo
Istituto Superiore di Sanita'
Viale Regina Elena, 299 - Rome