Re: acct bug?

Hi Mario!

On Thu, 29 Jan 1998, Mario Olimpio de Menezes wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 	Some minutes ago I got my system without disk space.
> 	Looking for info/files, I found the /var/account/pacct file
> with 283MB.

It can be normal even if you are the only user on the system.
I suggest you to look what's on it, use the command lastcomm (last
command) without arguments, something like this:

lastcomm | less

If the file is bogus(lastcomm reports you errors) I suggest you to talk
with the program manteiner prior to sending a bug

If not:

	Is your system up 24H? --> check if cron is running and if
	you have /etc/cron.dayly/acct. This script compress it
	and rotates the log files

	If your system is not up 24H at day then execute the script
	manually

There is some cron like program that executes these kind of scripts each x
hours the system is up with similar or equal syntax. I may be more usefull
than cron for non 24H systems...

	Regards,

			Ulisses