Home dir Permissions

Hi,
I like to have personal web space turned on (ie http://server/~tim/), so I
can easily access files (such as lynx bookmarks - point the bookmark file
at /~/HTML/bookmarks.html, I can then pick this up on any remote system).

What I want to know is, what are the best permissions to set my home
directory to and the HTML directory to.

Ideally, I would like my home directory to be: drwx------, so no-one can
read anything - but then they can't get to HTML.

Can I get it to show only HTML in my home directory - the rest of the
files are completely hidden - can't even see the names of files? Or is
this asking a bit too much?

The only solution I can come up with is to keep chmodding files so only I
can read them (usually files in your home directory are publicly
readable, the directory is drwx------, but not with web access on!!!

TIA,

Tim.

BTW, please CC replies to me, I'm not on list right at the moment  :)

---
Debian/GNU Linux... the maintainable operating system. http://www.debian.org