Re: Sound Card??

Hi, Alex!

> Since a long time I have tried to use my soundcard unsuccessfully.
> My card is a Logitech SoundMan Wave. But, to make it easier, let's
> make it be a SoundBlaster or SoundBlaster Pro. How should I
> configure it (I mean,  the kernel, etc.)?

I have different Sound Card, but may be my recommendation will work for you.
I have Pro-Multimedia Sound Card (I failed to find any info about this card on
the Web).  There are 3 partitions on computer (Dos+Win95+Linux)

Compile sound.o as module, following Howto-SOUND.  Only allow Sound Blaster,
Sound Blaster Pro options.  Install your module.  It is very probable that
sound still will not work.  Reboot in DOS (to initialize card) and Load Linux
thru loadlin.  If you Load DOS and reboot thru Ctrl-Alt-Del - may not work.

For me this was the ONLY WAY which made my sound card work under Linux.

Sasha.