Re: dhcpcd broke?

On Thu, 29 Jan 1998, Richard Kilgore wrote:

> I just upgraded all my systems to the latest hamm stuff, and
> everything seems to work fine except for dhcpcd on the host
> connected to my cable modem.  Here's my current software:
>
>    Linux version 2.0.29 (root@sidney) (gcc version 2.7.2.3)
>    ii  dhcpcd          0.70-2         a DHCP client
>    ii  netbase         3.03-1         Basic TCP/IP networking binaries
>    ii  netstd          3.02-1         Networking binaries and daemons for Linux

No problems here (yet):
bhmit1@hobbes(p2):bhmit1$ dpkg -l dhcp* net\*
+++-===============-==============-============================================
ii  dhcpcd          0.70-2         a DHCP client
ii  netbase         3.03-1         Basic TCP/IP networking binaries
ii  netstd          3.02-1         Networking binaries and daemons for Linux

No problems in my syslog.  But I haven't rebooted since my last upgrade.
I did have to restart it by hand because my other dhcpcd was running
during the install.  Run the "/etc/init.d/dhcpc start" by hand to see what
happens.

Good luck,
Brandon

-----
Brandon Mitchell <bhmit1@mail.wm.edu>   "We all know linux is great... it
PGP: finger -l bhmit1@cs.wm.edu          does infinite loops in 5 seconds"
Phone: (757) 221-4847                      --Linus Torvalds