Script idea...

Hi,

I just (couple of weeks realy) upgraded to Hamm.
After the upgrade I was left with a bunch of apps that core dumped ...(IE:
ncftp) before I upgraded them to the libc6 version... So today in math
class I thought up a neat script idea that could help others in my
plight... (note extenuating curcumstances in my case) Basicly my idea is
to run "ldd * | grep 'libc.so.5' | tail libc5apps" on the bin directorys
...now for the questions. one: I realy think that there is probaly a
better way to do this ... (Ideas?) Two: I would like to somehow link this
to the Contents file so that indivigual executibles are not listed as
things to upgrade, but the packages ... IE step one get list of lib5 apps,
two grep aginst contents to get a package name providing that app. only I
don't know how to do step 2 execpt manualy ... any ideas here ... I figure
one of you perl gurus would know how to do this ... ?

-TIA
-Kevin