Re: Readline will not bind some function keys in xterm

On 98/01/26 at 11:36 AM +0100, Peter Tobias wrote:

> On Jan 25, Victor Torrico wrote:
> > Hello All,
> >
> > Am running all the latest hamm packages.
> >
> > All twelve function keys bind properly when using the console or when in X using
> > rxvt.  Only F5 through F12 will bind when in X using an xterm.  F1 through F4
> > just give a beep when pressed.  Am using terminfo xterm-xf86-v33.  Have tried
> > other terminfos with the same result.  Don't know if this is a problem in
> > readline, ncurses terminfo stuff, xterm or somewhere else.
>
> Your window manager probably uses the keys F1 - F4. If you want to use
> these keys you have to disable them in the window manager config file.

Thanks for your kind reply.

I'm using icewm.  Tried other window managers with the same result.

Couldn't find anything in the config file that affected F1-F4.

I can easily get by without using these four keys.  I really think it may be in
terminfo which is part of ncurses.  A new ncurses 4.2 is due out one of these
days from Thomas Dickey.  Also he is working on a new xterm.

Guess I'll just wait for the new stuff.

Cheers,

--
Victor