Re: Ans: Re: Debian max file size is 1GB instead of 2GB?

Ben Pfaff writes:

>   On my machine running hamm:
>     $ ulimit
>     unlimited
>
>   I ran out of space at 1GB on the bo machine, but I don't have space to
>   check this on the hamm machine.  Did anyone here run into a 1GB limit
>   on a hamm machine?
>
>My hamm machine has a 1GB limit, that I don't remember ever setting:
>
>blp:/raid/home/blp$ ulimit
>1048576

'ulimit' is a bash builtin, the corresponding builtin command for tcsh
is 'limit'.  It appears that the bash ulimit has more options for
setting various system limits as compared to the tcsh equivalent.

See 'man ulimit' for bash users and 'man tcsh' for tcsh users.

Brian