UUCP & Sendmail problem

Hallo,
  I have very interesting problem :
 I'm using Debian on 586 as Mail Gateway to my computers which is connected via UUCP. UUCP connection is established by modems in regular time intervals. When e-mail arrives with dest. address like sb@abc.domain.com Sendmail stores it in UUCP qeue named abc.
And now :
  if I send mail to tis address it works fine. Sendmail return stat=mail sent
But if I send mail with attachment - It doesn't work. Sendmail return stat=Service unavaible.
I don't know exactly which attachments make this error, but sometimes it works with ZIP file and NEVER with XLS file format.

		Thank you in advance for any answer.
								marty