Debian & Pgp 5.0 question...

Hello all..

    I just downloaded and installed pgp 5.0 from MIT.  (I figured I
might as well upgrade from the 2.6.2
version I was using....) Anyway, everything seemed to go OK during the
install, except when I try to do
anything with pgp I get an error message "cannot open
~/root/pgp/.pgp.cfg". I've looked everywhere for
the pgp.cfg file and cannot locate it... anybody have anything similar
happen?  All the other pgp files seem to be there, generated keys, etc.
This is the only glitch...

    I'm using Debian 1.3 on a 586... Everything else seems to run
well...

  TIA!!