Commands

Hi, y'all,

Ok, I've been poring over the HOWTO's and man-pages and can't find two
little commands THAT I USED TO KNOW! :)

A friend told me about these a while back and now I can't remember or find
them.  One is the command executed by root on a kernel to make it look at
a certain partition, allowing it to be used as a boot-floppy image.  The
other is the command that I use as mattyt so that, as root, I can run make
xconfig.  It allows root (or any other user, I suppose) access to the
X-server, when you're not logged in to XDM as that user.

Any help you all can give would be TOTALLY appreciated.

peace,
matty