Somewhat off topic...

Hi

My ISP one of the *.campus.mci.net ISPs. They claim only to support
Windoze and refuse to help when I have problems, since I don't use the
M$ os.

When things work they work very, very well.  I have had about a year of
consecutive days of connecting the first try any time I try, with only
an occasional disconnect. About a month ago, trouble began.

Now, sometimes my system connects easily, (today for example) other
times the modem does about 3 negotiations, trying to connect at 28.8,
then the script quits.

Sometimes 20 - 30 attempts with pppd will get a connection.  Using
kermit, I can program a loop to retry until it conects. I can't start
ppp that way.  Is there a way to program the ppp chat script or
otherwise programm a dial loop that will allow me to repeatedly try to
connect and start ppp?

Systgem: I'm running Debian 1.3.1 on a 486dx2/66 16 MB RAM 16550 serial
ports and an external USR 33.6 voice fax modem (that HAS been repaired
by the factory). SCSI disks, trident SVGA and a KFC monitor.

--David

       LINUX: the FREE 32 bit OS for [3456]86 PC's available NOW!
David B Teague | Ask me how user interface copyrights & software
teague@wcu.edu | patents make programing a dangerous business.

spy counter-intelligence wild porno sex gold bullion Soviet Bosnia
ammonium nitrate fuel oil cocaine assassinate counterfeit destabilize